Sunday, July 15, 2012

Today's Daddy: F. Sherwood Rowland

The Nobel Prizes are another great source of daddy material. A lot of distinguished, gray- or white-haired scientists in suits, august and accomplished, in somber photographs...daddy heaven.

This one is Frank Sherwood Rowland, who helped discover the role CFCs play in destroying ozone and won the Chemistry prize.


Professors and scientists tend to trigger my secretary fantasy - politicians, too. Strangely, business magnates don't, unless they're from the Gilded Age; contemporary businessmen usually activate my junior-marketing-coordinator fantasy. With a chemist, I like to imagine an after-hours lab accident that requires me to strip off my clothing and safety gear, then hop under the safety shower. Naturally said chemist, being a senior scientist and very responsible, would want to make sure I was thoroughly clean...

No comments:

Post a Comment